Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Grocery Gardening


I got a new book today that I'm really excited about - Grocery Gardening - Planting, Preparing and Preserving Fresh Food, By Jean Ann Van Krevelen. After experiencing the thriftiness of Italian family farms, one of my goals this spring is to grow absolutely as much of my own food as possible. I resolution of sorts. Another effort I will make is to 'put up' or preserve as much food as I can to eat throughout the winter. This book will be a great companion during my efforts. In addition to tips on how to grow everything from blueberries to beans, it contains great recipes and methods for preserving your harvest. It contains creative methods for vegetable gardening in small spaces, as well a handy disease/pest identification and treatment guide. I will be sifting through this book over the next few weeks as I plan my garden for this upcoming spring. I just love doing this during the cold winter months.

One can never be too early to plan the garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment