Friday, July 2, 2010

All Things Green...


Hello All!
This is a green gardening blog that I've started out of passion for plants, urban gardens, ecology and the good life. I think it fitting to post a poem etched into the cover of my gardening bible by my father:

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
Nearer God's heart in the garden,
Than anywhere else on earth.

And so this blogging adventure begins. I will focus on urban gardening techniques, the latest and greatest new plant cultivars, homegrown and homemade food, and generally all things green.

A little bit about me: I grew up in the urban lowlands of the Pacific Northwest, but spent most of my summers up in the mountains of the Cascades hiking and learning about the wild. I've been playing in the dirt since I was a toddler, and some of my earliest memories are tied to the urban homestead my parents created north of Seattle. My family has a long history of orcharding east of the mountains. I was raised, along with my sisters, digging, sowing, tilling, harvesting, composting, and loving the earth.
My education is in ecology, horticulture, and sociology. I have great passion for family, community, music, food, and any and all plants! I own a garden design business that focuses sustainable drought-tolerant design and edible gardens.
I look forward to this new garden adventure!
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment